Update 3: Here’s Greg’s review of the demo/seminar.
Update 2: The video player was having issues so I’ve removed the embedded version.
Original post: Modeling and Control blog’s Greg McMillan resumes his online demonstration / seminar (a.k.a. deminar) series this Wednesday, March 9, 2011. The subject will be PID and PIDPlus Split Range Control–How to reduce the discontinuity, nonlinearity, and oscillations across the split range point.
The deminar will begin at 10am North American Central time (16:00 UTC). To join us live, visit http://bit.ly/JC-LiveMeeting. Computer audio will be available. Should you encounter any audio difficulties, here are dial in alternatives:
- Toll-free: +1 (877) 771-7176
- Toll: +1 (225) 383-1099
- Participant code: 264679
This will be Greg’s 12th deminar. The prior 11 have been recorded and are available for viewing on demand. Here’s list with links to the recording and presentation available for download:
- PID Control of Sampled Measurements (recorded 7-Apr-2010, slides)
- PID Control of Valve Sticktion and Backlash (recorded 21-Apr-2010, slides)
- PID Control of Slow Valves and Secondary Loops (recorded 12-May-2010, slides)
- On-line Process Control Lab Access and Use (recorded 27-May-2010, slides)
- PID Tuning for Self Regulating Processes (recorded 9-Jun-2010, slides)
- PID Tuning for Near-Integrating Processes (recorded 23-Jun-2010, slides)
- PID Control of True Integrating Processes (recorded 11-Aug-2010, slides)
- PID Control of Runaway Processes (recorded 25-Aug-2010, slides)
- Process Control Improvement Primer (recorded 8-Sep-2010, slides)
- PID Deadtime Compensation (recorded 13-Oct-2010, slides)
- How to Setup and Adjust the Dynamic Compensation of Feedforward Signals (recorded 5-Jan-2011, slides)
Greg shares quite a bit of his wisdom in these seminars to help you improve the performance of your plant. We hope you’ll be able to join us live, or if not, take advantage of one or more of the recorded versions. I’ll update this post with the recorded version once it’s uploaded and available.